I was on my way to my pilates workout and then an Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop Conference in the evening, when I received some bad news. I found out, by email, that I was kicked out of the program. Apparently, I didn’t meet their numbers and they cannot use my results, even though I may still be in some of the infomercial.
As you can imagine, I was shocked and disappointed by the news, so I skipped the pilates workout and went straight to the conference. While walking there, I called my husband, my parents and a couple of friends before entering into the Manhattan Ballroom to begin learning about Adobe Photoshop CS5. I was so happy to talk to each of these people to make me feel better after this terrible news. My friends, Monika and Joanna, were so sweet to me–they bought me some cute gifts to console me! Who goes out of their way like that?! It also made me feel good to go to a photography conference and get absorbed in the vast amount of wonderful things that you can do with a program and a photo.
I have to say that I find being removed from the program completely unjustified and unwarranted. I lost my weight in a very healthy way over these last 69 days. To date, I’ve lost 17.5 lbs and have muscle in places I didn’t realize could have toning and strength. I also started out fairly small, with only 20 or so lbs to lose, so it’s shocking that 20 days before the program is over, I am kicked out.
After receiving this news, I took the weekend to think about it and made a few decisions.
- I decided that I would continue the 90 day program on my own because I still have my own goals to complete. I also want to do it for you wonderful readers who constantly urge me and inspire me to keep working hard to get to my ideal weight and strength.
- I promised 90 days, so I will definitely continue documenting my 90 days of food, workouts and activities. (Luckily, I can still take a few classes with Marina and she’ll be continuing classes afterward).
- I decided to unfreeze my gym membership and make sure I attain my goals, whether it takes 90 days or a bit longer.
- I wrote out my thoughts and emailed them to the Gaiam team, though I haven’t heard back yet.
- Even though I was kicked down and essentially slapped in the face, I decided to get back up and challenge myself without anyone backing me.
Breakfast: Yogurt and Granola Parfait.
Lunch: Chicken and Lite Cheddar Cheese with Red Crushed Peppers on a Multigrain Muffin.
Dinner: After the conference, Ray took me out for dinner to Jackson Hole, a fantastic burger place. After the depressing news today, I was really in the mood for a splurge. I had a Mexican Cheese Burger, with tons of fresh jalapenos and Steak Fries.
We also split a decadent chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. It was worth every bite.