Today I’m headed to St. Petersburg, Russia, where I begin my estimated 5,000 mile tour of Russia, Mongolia and China for one month. This trip will span 8 times zones. I will attempt to keep this blog updated throughout my travels!
I’ve listed out some of the reasons for the trip below:
- Because I needed something to look forward to after cramming for the NY bar.
- Because my grandfather escaped from a Siberian concentration camp.
- Because I don’t know when the next opportunity like this will come.
- Because I’ve been craving cabbage and vodka.
- Because I’ve been wanting to see the two largest communist utopias.
- Because I have had major withdrawl from not living out of a backpack for years.
- Because I made some of my very closest friends while traveling.
- Because it’s about time I learned Cyrillic.
- Because it’s just a really exciting trip!
- Because my parents have implanted the travel bug in me from the womb.
- Because I want to console a weeping camel.
- Because I’ve never been beaten at chess by a Russian…in Russia!
- Because in the very wise words of some traveling ladies, sometimes you need to get lost to get found.